But what would happen if you started to lose your hair? Hair loss has been shown to be a significant contributor to low self confidence and can significantly impact quality of life.
With that in mind, hair loss isn’t as devastating as it sounds, and in many cases is even treatable. There is a wide variety of hair loss treatment options to help you regain your confidence, from hair pieces such as toupes right up to hair transplant surgery.
In fact, here are some facts about hair loss that will ensure you’re informed and know what it looks for when it comes to hair loss treatment.
- Each person generally has about 5 million hair follicles all over their body, and about 100,000 of those are on the head.
- About 10% of your hair follicles are in the ‘telogen’ phase at the same time. Because the follicles in this stage are located across your body, you don’t see any bald spots on your head.
- As we age, the follicles stop growing which is why baldness and thin hair are associated with the elderly.
- The shape of your hair follicles determines how long we can grow out your hair. Those with round follicles are more likely to grow their hair longer because it provides a stronger grip than flat follicles.
- Contrary to popular myth, male-pattern baldness isn’t passed down through the mother. In fact, most hair conditions are a polygenic trait, meaning that they are often passed down through the father’s side of the family.
- Wearing a cap does not make you go bald. Pulling on the hair can sometimes be a cause of hair loss in women, but the cap would have to be worn much too tightly for an extended period of time for it to have any effect.
With these in mind, hopefully you feel a little more confident about your situation and better prepared to begin your journey through hair loss treatment. Contact Tango Hair Loss Clinic today for a confidential discussion in one of our private treatment rooms.